Lead Paint Testing

In 1978, the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission banned the sale of lead-based paint for residential use due to the serious risks of lead poisoning. Children under the age of 6 are at highest risk of lead poisoning from lead-based paint.  For children, the point of entry for lead-based paint is primarily through ingesting paint chips or paint dust. A 1 square centimeter-size paint chip is the amount of lead-based paint it takes to poison a child if it were ground and spread over a room. Homes built prior to 1978 and years following could still have used lead-based paint because existing supplies of paint containing lead would still have been available.

I am certified to perform EPA approved lead based paint tests. I collect paint samples from both the interior and exterior of your home and send them to EPA approved labs for testing.